Monday, June 4, 2007

beauty


Today we opened the door to a wet and dark day.
But we had a surprise waiting for us.
A beautiful pinkish poppy.



For years I was pulling this out. I always thought it was a weed.
One year I just left it and two beautiful poppies bloomed.
This year we have nine.



The lavender is full of flower buds.
The smell is already enchanting.


My lilies are starting to come out too.


The coral bells are out looking like sweet little fairy chimes.

My peony is beautiful and green.
Soon it will be covered with lovely pink flowers.



Pretty little flowers all covered in rain drops.



Everything is coming to life.



A pretty little flower bouquet.

Natures gifts.





5 comments:

Bimbimbie said...

..... I've enjoyed my tiptoeing through your flower garden Alley ... lovely poppies, thank goodness they persisted in growing lol - doesn't a garden look beautiful coated in raindrops

Kahshe Cottager said...

Everything looks so pretty and fresh after the rain. I can't wait for the peonies to bloom. They will make the air smell so pretty! Remember to dry the petals for potpourri!!

dot said...

You take beautiful pictures!

Carole Burant said...

And pretty soon you'll have a thousand poppies! lol Believe me, they spread like crazy...I have tons growing right now even though I cut off the pods last year before the seeds could spread! I've never seen a pink poppy, though, it's gorgeous!! All your flowers are really looking healthy and soon they will all be in bloom! Just beautiful! xox

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

You do a great job with your pictures, they are so clear and colorful, I can almost smell the wet and freshness in the air!
You are an artist!