Monday, May 14, 2007

hugs and kisses


Here is a cake I made for my daughter's 6th birthday.
She had to have a three tier teddy bears picnic cake.
I molded all the teddies from fondant and hand painted their faces, bows and the balloons. I hand molded all the china and cakes for the teddies picnic, royal icing was used to make the grass and trees.
The hard part was making it all the night before so she would be surprise the next day.
Well when it hit 4:30 am in the morning and I was up adding the last pieces on knowing I had to get up at 8:00 or so to deal with the other kids and make all the food...well I was questioning myself and I was starting to think I was NUTS.
But when she came down in the morning and saw it for the first time and started gigging and squealing and then in a flash was in my arms giving me the biggest hug ever with a ton of kisses...well yeah I am nuts but it was all worth it!


So four weeks later my other daughter's birthday was coming up. Oh no am I going to go crossed eye again.
Not this time! She is more of a bug girl. So I made her a girly bug cake. All I had to do this time is pipe stars and flowers in butter cream, still time comsuming but it was not three tiers, hand molding, hand painting, just decorating.

Once again tons of hugs and covered in kisses.
It all was simply nice!

3 comments:

Kahshe Cottager said...

I'd give you hugs and kisses for those cakes too!!

Michelle Legler said...

Wow!! You do make GREAT cakes!!!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

You know I also love your template in your blog! I love fairies! I guess now I have to go and figure out how to get a new one with fairies, LOL!